Background

Monday, March 2, 2009

Bedroom Redecorating

I've been wanting to get new carpet for our upstairs for a long time now. The cats have clawed at it and dug it up and thrown up on it. Plus, it's the original carpet and the house is at least 14 years old. NASTY! I've also wanted to redecorate the bedroom, but I can't really do that until we get new carpet. The comforter set we had was pretty much dictated by the color of the carpet...mauve. Here are some before photos.



We are finally going to do it so I started shopping for comforter sets. I bought three and almost bought a fourth. We finally settled on one that is so soft, a micro suede. We knew we'd love the feel of it and that it would stand up to the kids and cats better than some of the other materials. Well, we picked the paint and Chris got it done very quickly. He had a deadline because I wanted the room all set up for a Pampered Chef party I was having last Friday night. And so for those of you who didn't get to make it to the party here is what the room looks like now. Of course the new carpet is coming soon, we have to find the time to go pick it out! We also haven't hung up any of the pictures because we aren't sure what is staying in the room and what doesn't match now. The room is very warm and we like the dark curtains because it keeps the room dark when it's light outside.

5 comments:

Becca said...

LOVE IT! I LOVE the comforter! It is beautiful! Now I can't wait to see what it looks like with the new carpet!

Krystina said...

Oh I love it! It looks very rustic, what you would find in a cozy cottage. I can't wait to see it in real life!! Maybe sooner than you think...

Laura said...

Looks great, and it makes me jealous. The only thing I want to keep in my bedroom is my carpet. Other than that I don't have much. I'm still waiting to just do my bedroom.

AmyMacNH said...

I don't know as though I remember the "old" color. I LOVE the new color and comforter. It looks so warm and cozy.

Brian said...

I like what you've done with the place. However I have to ask, what's wrong with mauve? Are you just getting rid of it because Marg and Dad got rid of their mauve carpet? HA HA HA!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails