Background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Skiing with no snow!

January 31 & February 6, 2012                              

Nathan took skiing lessons again this year and it was Nicholas's first year going too.
 

Chris took them the first two weeks and I took them the next two with Chris taking them on their last week. We have had a really weird winter this year and haven't gotten any snow to speak of since the freak storm on October 30, 2011. Thank goodness the ski resorts can make snow! Chris said Nicholas did awesome and took to it very quickly. He loved going on the chair lift too. Chris would bring his snowboard with him and they would all go together. It was a bummer for Nicholas when I went because I don't ski so he had to stay on the little hill with the magic carpet to practice. I was surprised that they told Nicholas he got to skip level 2 and move on to level 3 next year.





Nathan has to stay in level 5 again next year because he needs practice. They have only skied on lesson days since the conditions haven't been that great. It was very surreal though to see him go off with his friend Brandon and Colby and then come down and ski by me and come to a spraying stop in front of me. It's so cool to see because I can't do it myself!

1 comment:

Becca said...

That doesn't look like no snow to me, but I am sure your idea of snow, and my idea of snow are VERY different...hehehe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails