Background

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Day of Lasts

June 23, 2011


Nathan had a hard time sleeping last night. He was excited about so many things like the last day of school, finding out who his teacher will be next year, staying overnight at Sean's house and our birthday coming up. Nathan remembered that Mr. Pike was going to throw him in the trash can for his birthday too. That's Mr. Pike's thing - throwing kids in the trash on their birthday. Unfortunately Nathan said Mr. Pike must have forgotten because he didn't do it.

When Nicholas got up this morning he said to us; "After today I have the whole summer to myself." I asked him if I could trade him and he could go to work for me and he said "Sure."


Nathan and Nicholas walked to school with Becket. Elise, and Amy brought over Sean and Mark too. Nathan has been walking to school for the last two weeks with the neighbors, but Nicholas wants to be dropped off because when he walks he doesn't have time to play before school. How cute.

I was excited to know that today was move up day and they got to find out who their teachers would be for next year. Nicholas was very happy to get Mrs. Mulligan and he told us "She lets us call her "pickle pants Jones". Nathan told us he got Mrs. Mounsey and he was so exited to hear that Sean and Leighton will also be in his class. Unfortunately Becket will not be though, but we know they'll see each other on the playground and of course in the neighborhood and at soccer.

Today also marks the last day of over four years of picking up the kids at two different locations. I remember last year I thought it would be the end for me, but was disappointed to find out it wasn't. Well, it's finally here and I am so excited! And it was Nicholas's last day at First Start in the daycare portion. That was emotional for me because my kids have been going to daycare there for almost nine years. We've had a really good experience with everyone there and will be sad to close this chapter in our lives. But the kids will move into the summer program there this year and will have tons of fun!

Amy picked up Nathan after school and let him tag along for her last day of school tradition. She always picks her boys up from school and takes them out for ice cream. They went to Friendly's and got a giant ice cream with lots of candy toppings and Nathan declared it the "Best Day Ever!"


Then he got to sleep over Sean's house in a tent (pitched in the house). They spent the next morning together also before they were off to Becket's birthday party. What an awesome start to the summer!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Days of lasts...always are kind of bitter sweet! I am glad that I don't have to do certain things anymore, but sad that they are old enough that I don't have to do things for them anymore! Sounds like you guys are having a great time! I haven't had even a moment to look at blogs for a while, it has been so much fun to read your blog!

Brian said...

They went to Friendly's and got a giant ice cream with lots of candy toppings and Nathan declared it the "Best Day Ever!"

That's great!

Good to hear that they'll be at the same school too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails