Chris had to work today so in the afternoon I told the kids we were going outside. It was beautiful out and the snow was perfect for making a snowman. Nathan rolled the giant bottom piece.
We both made the tummy, but I dropped it when lifting it on top so I had to make another one. Nicholas made the head.
I went inside to find the kit with the hat, scarf, pipe and other pieces in it and when I looked out the window I heard Nathan yell "Nicholas!" and he had just pushed the head off our snowman. So I made another one and put it in on top. I couldn't find the kit so I pulled a carrot out of the fridge, a scarf from our collection. Nathan found the stick arms.
Nicholas picked out the rocks for eyes, mouth and buttons.
I think he came out really cute! I posted a picture of our finished snowman on Facebook and a friend commented "Your snowman could kick my snowman's butt!"
And of course there was a lot of other snow antics like snowball throwing and eating snow. It was such a fun afternoon in the snow.
2 comments:
Great pictures, and you proved that you don't need a kit, as long as you have a carrot at home.
Serously, it's come down to buying a kit?? LOL
Guess I'm glad you couldn't find it, I think this snowman rocks! :)
Post a Comment