Background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Morning

December 25, 2010

Unfortunately this year there was no snow, it was a green Christmas. The boys came downstairs this morning and Nathan was taking in all the presents under the tree and Nicholas turned around and saw the stocking on the couch.


Santa had stuffed all four, but we let the kids open theirs first. They were very excited about their foam swords and started to fight with them including making the "ching ching" sounds as the swords hit.

Santa always brings the boys toothbrushes and toothpaste. This year they got some Star Wars pens, pads of paper and a coloring book too.

We didn't get a picture of the tree with all the presents under it, but there were tons! Santa was good to the boys this year and he brought Mommy and Daddy some things too. He worked very hard and must have gotten hungry because he ate almost all his cookies and took all the carrots for the reindeer.

Nicholas's favorite Santa gift, and almost his favorite gift overall was his Penguin Pillow Pet. It's the one thing he wanted he asked Santa for when we saw him in Arizona. When he opened it he hugged it to him so tight and had the biggest smile on his face.

He has carried that thing around the house with him and slept with it every night since he got it. And that's unusual for him, he usually doesn't like to sleep with "guys", but I suppose this is a pillow. He's so funny because he can recite the commercial. "It's a pillow. It's a pet. It's a pillow pet." He keeps asking to bring it to school for show and tell, but I'm so worried it'll get filthy. Nathan's favorite Santa gift was the Toy Story 3 Lego set he got. It's also the first Lego set he built.

It was really sweet when they exchanged the gifts they had gotten for each other. We took them to Toys R Us and let them pick out whatever they wanted for each other, within a budget. Then they helped us wrap it up. Nathan was so excited to get the Imaginext Dragon Fortress and Nicholas was so happy to get the Serpent Pirate Ship that he ran over and gave Nathan a big hug.

Chris and I decided that this year we would exchange gifts with one another. I was super excited about some of the items I got him such as a new leather bag to carry to work and a wine aerator that works when you pour the wine through it. Nathan and Nicholas got Daddy a new Wii remote and a Wii Wheel so he can now play Mario Cart Wii with them.

I was so thrilled that he took the time to shop for me and actually picked things out like a really nice watch, a robe (he actually got me two) and a couple sweaters. He also got me Jodi Picoult's latest book House Rules and a book light so I don't keep him awake at night when I read before bed.
Nathan picked out some items at a Kids Shop event at school. He came home that night and wrapped them and they were the first gift under the tree. He was so sweet when we opened the box. He said he wasn't sure if Nicholas was going to like the Kung Fu Panda flashlight, but he loved it. He got me a pen that said Mom on it and I said I'd put it in my purse and he got Chris a pen that said Dad on it. It was a crazy morning, but so much fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails