Background

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Big 8-5

March 7, 2010


Nathan and Nicholas got special invitations in the mail to Grampy's 85th birthday party. They said to come help Grampy open presents and there would be cake and ice cream. Barbara, Dave's daughter, Jerry, her husband and Jerry's father, Arthur attended the party also. We had a nice turkey dinner with all the fixings to start with. Mom had asked me if I had any gifts for Dave and at the time I didn't. She said he thought it would be funny if we gave him gag gifts like Grampy gave the boys for Christmas. So I told Nathan that and he had the idea of wrapping up a pair of both Nathan and Nicholas's underwear for him. Grampy got a big kick out of that gift! The boys had a lot of fun helping unwrap Grampy's presents, especially the gift that Grampy wrapped himself, four rolls of toilet paper! Barbara gave him 85 scratch tickets. She thought those would keep him busy! And the cake I made turned out great. The boys helped sing Happy Birthday to Grampy and of course helped with blowing out the candles. Then they had to pull the candles out of the cake and lick the bottoms. Yum!

1 comment:

Krystina said...

I love how happy Dave looks in the last picture. I'll be happy too when I reach 85!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails