Background

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lego Mania


Nathan got a lot of Lego's for Christmas. Nathan has been putting them together like crazy. I figured he could put a couple together over Christmas vacation, then maybe one a weekend after that, but he's been opening new ones everyday, sometimes two a day! He sits there and follows the book and puts all the pieces together. He did get a little frustrated at the house he put together and was often yelling to us to help him. Chris had helped him at one point and put the wrong windows at the bottom so we had to take it apart and put in the correct windows.



Nicholas doesn't put them together, but sits there and watches patiently while Nathan puts them together. Nicholas will play with another Lego toy while he's waiting for Nathan to finish.


Nathan usually reads after we put him to bed then shuts his light off when he is tired. However, since Christmas he has been staying up building Legos!


What surprised me is how much fun they've been having playing together once Nathan has finished building a new project. Nathan put together a boat and lighthouse and they played for two consecutive hours with absolutely NO fighting! It was amazing. They've spent a lot of time playing with the different things he got for Christmas.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I love it when they find something they love to do that will keep them occupied for hours at a time! Those are some pretty sweet lego sets!

Laura said...

My kids are jealous of the house and airplane. I am too, they are awesome. I'm impressed that Nathan can put those things together by himself. I usually end up putting Ryans and Owens stuff together.

Krystina said...

That is wonderful that they play so nice with the Legos. Hopefully that will last - Just say no to fighting and YES to sharing!! :)

Brian said...

Legos are awesome. I remember them myself and am very happy to see that the boys are really enjoying them too. Boy, Nathan can build anything. Erika and I bought a ton of legos last year at a yard sale for dirt cheap for the kids when they are ready for them. Kiera is but really isn't that interested and Orion needs to put on a couple more years...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails