Nathan was so excited Christmas Eve that he had a hard time falling asleep. He got up several times after we put him to bed. I totally understood his excitement level and decided to just let him stay up and watch Elf with Chris and I. At 10:15 we put him to bed and we went to bed also.
The next morning he woke up at 4:30 and said "I looked outside and it's not light out. I know it's not time to get up, but I can't fall asleep." He stayed in our room for about 20 minutes until we put him back in his room. He didn't get up again until 6:50, right after Nicholas. Chris and I got up to take showers and then we went downstairs. Nathan kept asking to take a peek downstairs, but we wanted to get their reactions on video so we put on a Magic School Bus movie for them to watch.
When they came downstairs it was so cute. They were so excited about everything that Santa brought. I had gotten new stockings this year and Santa stuffed them to the top. They opened their stockings first. They were excited about the new toothbrushes, Pokemon toys and Bakugons. They weren't so excited about the socks that Santa brought them.
After that we had breakfast before opening presents. My Mom made a coffee cake that we all enjoyed. Chris and I didn't exchange gifts this year because we bought a new TV for our bedroom. It was weird not having anything to open, but it was nice to focus on the kids. We just sat and took pictures and videos and enjoyed them opening their gifts. The boys did get Daddy a new pair of snowmobiling gloves, but apparently they forgot to remind him that they wanted to get Mommy something. Nathan did make us both cards and gave me these letters for my scrapbooking, which I thought was super thoughtful. I think it's great that he put some thought into a gift for me and knew it was something that I would like. Nicholas made us this ornament at daycare. It'll be our last year of daycare gifts and that makes me very sad.
This year the boys picked out gifts they wanted to give each other. It was sweet and I loved watching them open what they got from their brothers. Nathan was very excited and even gave Nicholas a hug to thank him. He continues to say that Ben 10 Alien X is his favorite Christmas gift. Nathan got Nicholas a set of Bakugon's because he is really into them this year. They even helped me wrap them and wrote out the gift tags. Nicholas writes so big that he could only fit NIC on his tag!
And this is what was left....



2 comments:
Jackson got some of those Backugon things too...I don't know what they are, but I know that he loves them! I love the picture of the boys hugging! Soo sweet!
How cute are they in their matching PJs! I love Christmas! You made them wait to open to eat breakfast? I would not have been able to stand it!! LOL
Post a Comment