Background

Monday, February 9, 2009

Look Out Below!

This winter we've had a good amount of snow, but it's been pretty cold. This weekend we finally had a warm couple days to get outside and actually enjoy the snow for an extended period of time. We went to Amy and Andy Spain's to enjoy the huge hill in front of their house. It's perfect for sledding and lucky for us the Spain's had already groomed the trail. The Degler family joined us too and their girls were just as crazy as the boys! They liked the round saucers because those just spun around and around on the hill. There was no steering! At the bottom of the hill there was a little ditch and the kids kept trying over and over to get their sled into the ditch. Finally they did and once that happened they ALL went in the ditch. When the next sledder was ready to head down the hill they'd yell "Look out below!"
It was Nicholas' first time going sledding and I was worried that he'd get tired quickly or not want to climb up the hill. He had such a great time that he only whined a little when having to climb back up the hill. I think it's because he kept slipping. His boots are hand me downs and there isn't much tread left on them. He liked it when Andy held his hand going up the hill. Considering he hadn't had a nap that day I thought he did fantastic. He did ask to go home a few times, but I think it was because he was cold because his mittens weren't covering his his arms enough between his mitten and coat sleeve.

I asked Nathan about his favorite part of the day and he said going into the ditch. After we spent about an hour and a half outside we went inside and enjoyed a nice cup of hot cocoa. We all had a blast, including me, and we were all completely exhausted that night.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Okay, now that looks like FUN!

Brian said...

Ah, one of the best - if not the best thing about snow - sledding.
Great to see the boys having so much fun doing it. I miss that myself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails