Background

Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm Puzzled

Ever since the weekend we did all those puzzles on the kitchen floor, Nicholas has been wild about puzzles. He pulls them out just about every single night and wants to put more together. At first he got discouraged, but it's like it clicked overnight with him. He is doing fantastic putting the pieces together and he's very patient doing it as long as Nathan isn't there. It comes so easy for Nathan so he likes to help Nicholas. We decided we needed more puzzles so Chris got a new dinosaur one with big pieces, you can see it in the background in the photo above. Then he also got a set of 8 Disney puzzles, but they are the small pieces. Surprisingly they both did really good with them. There is one puzzle with 500 pieces that we'll all work on this weekend. I think that one will take a long time! It's wonderful to see Nicholas sitting still for a good amount of time and concentrating on a project and seeing it through to the end. He has really calmed down in the past month or so. He is still full of energy, but he's not as challenging.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Good for him! Puzzles are GREAT for kids...but I HATE HATE HATE them! My husband and my mom, and sisters LOVE LOVE LOVE them, so I don't know what happended to me!..hehe!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I enjoyed the photos of the boys sledding. It brought back memories for me and how much fun it was. Glad everyone is well again. Enjoyed all the photos and the puzzle pictures also.
Love, Lana

Anonymous said...

Hi--great photos of the boys sledding in the snow. Reminds me of many years ago and how much fun it was. Enjoyed the puzzle pictures as well.
Love, Lana

Anonymous said...

Hi--great photos of the boys sledding in the snow.I know you are proud of Nathan and his skiing skills. I never did learn anything about skiing!! Reminds me of many years ago and how much fun sledding was. Enjoyed the puzzle pictures as well.
Love, Lana

Brian said...

That's so great that the boys are into puzzles - hours of entertainment and great for spatial recognition and cognitive function!
I can't wait until Kiera gets into them too. I guess it is time to introduce her, perhaps this summer with the boys! Won't that be great?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails