September 15, 2010
As part of Nicholas's therapy for Sensory Processing Disorder his therapist has recommended Therapeutic Listening. He wears these special Sennheiser headphones to listen to special CD's on. They play the sounds at certain Ohms and Hz. The music tracks or nature sound tracks have other things that play along with the music to make for a random and distracting session. It is to help him deal with a lot of different noises happening at the same time. He is supposed to wear the headphones twice a day for half an hour each time. Sometimes he complains about having the wear the headphones, but I think it's because he doesn't like how the headphones make his ears hot or because carrying the iPod around is a nuisance. He also listens to the CD's when we put him to bed at night.
4 comments:
How is it working??? I hope great!!!
I hope it helps!! He looks so cute :)
He looks so sweet here. I love how he's "reading" a book. I hope the headphones are working for him.
It seems to be working well. We don't always remember though so that's our bad!
He loves to look at books and will look at them with a lot of intensity, studying the pictures.
Post a Comment