September 19, 2010
Due to the warm and dry weather we've had this summer the apples are ready a little earlier than normal. I love our annual trip to the Carter Hill Apple Orchard. We started in the farm building to get our bags and it smelled amazing in there. They were making apple cider donuts, but not longer had the warm apple cider for sale so we were all bummed. We went out to find the Macintosh rows and had to lift the boys up reach the apples high up in the trees.
We filled two bags and then went to the playground. The boys also poked around in the pumpkin patch. They both wanted to pick up a pumpkin, although we didn't buy one.
On our way to the van Nicholas said we still had to take a tractor ride. So we went on the ride and the trees deeper in the orchard were covered with apples. The tractor driver told us the bumps on the apples didn't mean they were bad, he said they got struck by hail in May and once they have the bumps they don't get smooth again. We figure since we picked early this year we can probably go back again.
4 comments:
totally cool! Again..it is absolutely beautiful there! The boys look like they are having so much fun!
We went to Carter Hill this year too! Our apple cider is gone so, we have to go back again before apple season passes!
I love that you always wear red it seems for apple picking day. I am so jealous, we don't have that down here. One thing besides you I miss about NH, picking fruit!
I do plan the wearing red thing on apple picking day. It just makes scrapping the pictures so much easier!
Just another reason for you to move back to NH Krystina!
Post a Comment