We decided to take the day to drive through the White Mountains up to North Conway where we were staying tonight. We stopped at the Basin first and brought our lunch with us. The kids absolutely loved the natural waterfalls and rocks.
We found a large smooth rock and decided to sit in the sun (it was cooler up here than in Concord) and eat our lunch. Nicholas was not afraid at all of running around on the rocks, getting close to the edge and splashing the water. First he touched it with a finger, then put his whole hand in, then splashed it.
We walked by this very cool tree with a huge root base exposed and Nathan thought we should take some pictures there.
Our next stop was Sabbaday Falls on the Kancamagus Highway. I love going there because it was one of the first places Chris and I went together as a couple. It's an easy hike and the waterfall is very cool and makes an "L" shape due to a fault line. Nicholas loved climbing all over the rocks and putting his hands down the splash the water here too. Nathan crossed to the other side with Chris.
After we left there we got a big surprise on our way to North Conway. We saw all these cars pulled over and people standing around so at first I thought there was a car accident, but it turned out there was a moose on the side of the road in a swampy area. Chris pulled over and I hopped out to take some pictures and video. I think this is the first time we had all seen a live moose. It was very close to us, minding it's own business taking a drink out of the swamp. He'd look up every once in a while. Someone said he was maybe 4-5 years old because he still had velvet on it's antlers. When a motorcycle started up and drove off he got a little scared and moved deeper into the swamp, but still stuck around so everyone could get a good look or photograph.
We checked into the North Conway Grand Hotel for the evening and took the kids swimming. It was a little cool, so we sat in the hot tub first, then went into the larger pool. We went back and forth a few times and the kids also played at the playground.
3 comments:
Nice little vaca! I love the pics with the tree roots! Definitely a good photo prop :) The pictures of the moose are awesome! I can't believe the moose didn't take off! I guess they must be used to people :) Looks like you had a great time!
AWESOME! How far away from you is this place! It really is beautiful there!
This is only an hour or so from where we live. That's why I love NH, so much to do and see!
Post a Comment