July 4, 2010
We went down to Barbara and Gerry's house for an early 60th birthday party for Barbara today. All her siblings and children were there, plus even more family. While we were outside we noticed a lot of the orange butterflies, at least I think they are butterflies and not moths. One landed on the golf ball Nicholas was playing with and he was able to pick it up so Chris got some great shots. Then we got another one to crawl on Nathan's finger for some more photographs.
4 comments:
Those are some nice pictures!!
Sweet! Those are awesome pics! Your boys are so grown up!
Chris took fantastic photos. Very nice of the butterfly to be so cooperative :)
The boys look adorable.
I love butterflies and it seems that I don't see that many around these days. During the spring we found quite a few caterpillars in our garden so we decided to watch them change into what we thought would be butterflies. We put them in a mason jar and wateched as they spun silk and hung themselves on the side of the jar and turned into cocoons. Then one morning I noticed one cocoon gone from the side of the jar and inside of the jar flying around was not a butterfly, but an ugly brown moth! We were so disappointed. Anyway...I love that the butterfly landed right on your boys finger. So pretty.
Post a Comment