We celebrated Chris's 35th birthday this weekend by having some family over and having a good meal. It was a cold day, it had snowed a good portion of it so a nice hot lasagna was delicious.
I thought Chris was going to ask his Mom to get a Carvel Ice Cream cake because that's what he loves, but he didn't so PaPa went out and got carrot cake and ice cream. The boys both wanted to lick a candle, but I think Chris beat Nathan to it.
Then it was present time. Chris needed a new golf windbreaker so I got him three and he chose the one that has zip off sleeves so you can make it a vest, short sleeved or long sleeved. The boys made him cards. Nicholas's wanted his card to say "Dad, You Are a Rock Star." I wrote the letters and he colored them in. Nathan made him a doggie that he hand folded and colored him a picture. He also took some interlocking letters and wrote out I love you Dad. Mom and Dave got him a Pampered Chef cutting board, Beach Hill Farm tie dye shirt and a Nesco roasting oven. Margee and Dad gave him some money, which I think he has already decided what he is going to get with it! I'd say he had a great birthday. Oh, I almost forgot about the Yo-Yo that he got. Nathan was playing with them at the store and dropped it so the packaging broke apart so I had to buy it. both of them asked to play with it as soon as we walked out of the store and I said "No, we're giving it to Daddy for his birthday!" Of course it was broken by the boys before he had even finished opening his presents.
On the actual day of his birthday the boys and I stood at the bottom of the stairs and called his name. When he came out of the bedroom we yelled "Happy Birthday" and Nathan blew a party horn. It was pretty cute.
2 comments:
YAY!! Glad he caught up to the rest of us. :) One thing I love about Chris is that he hasn't outgrown his love for tye-dyed shirts. A definite Chris trademark.
I'm happy that he had such a great weekend/birthday.
Happy BELATED birthday Chris!
Post a Comment