Background

Friday, April 27, 2012

Easter 2012

April 8, 2012        

The boys got up and went downstairs and never came back up to tell us what was in their baskets. I'm not even sure they noticed them. When I got up they finally went through everything in the baskets. They got some sidewalk chalk, batteries for their Hex Bugs, books, Peeps, Lego mini figures, Max Liquidators and beach balls.



We went to the children's service at St. Paul's Church and the boys were each able to pick out a geranium. After the service they had an egg hunt on the State House lawn. The boys got lots of eggs there! I love the look on the kids faces when looking at what Nicholas got inside his egg.


When we got back we had our egg hunt. The boys had to go around the yard three times to find all the eggs and some of them we had to lead them to. The bunny did an extra good job this year hiding the eggs in more difficult places. Now that the kids are getting older he has to make them harder to find. The following weekend Nathan found two more eggs in the yard! The boys were so excited that they got Skylanders figures in their eggs. They also got some Starburst and jelly beans.





We had Dave and Terry and Mom and Dave over for Easter dinner. We had a nice ham, spinach, squash and red potatoes. Then we had a huge chocolate cake we had bought for dessert. Nicholas kept bugging us for chocolate cake, but then he barely ate any. I don't think he has much of a sweet tooth. He must get that from Chris!

When I put him to bed that night Nathan told me "This was the best Easter ever."

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love it! I have to laugh a little though because your Easter pictures are in coats, and ours we are playing in water because it was soooo hot! Looks like they had a great time! Looks like they scored also!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails