Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our Breezeway is Finito!

April 10, 2011

Yes folks, the breezeway is finally finished! I am so very happy with the final product. Especially since I designed the whole thing and it turned out beautiful and just like I had planned. We've had several people see it and comment on how much they love it. In New England a place like this to store all your gear (winter gear especially) is an absolute luxury!

Today Chris put the knobs on the doors and that was the last item to be completed! Well, that's not true. There is always something else to be done, right? We also had to replace the gold knobs on the closet doors (yes we have a closet in this room too, is that too much?), but the knobs are smaller so the door needs to be painted where the knobs are going. Any guesses on how long it'll take to get that done?




I could still use some more baskets for storage on the shelves. They make it easier to keep things grouped together and in one place, not scattered all over the shelves.


The piano will hopefully soon be gone because the snow is melting. David couldn't get to his basement where the piano is going due to the snow, but that excuse won't work much longer. haha!  I'll be happy when it's gone and I can start using the door to the back deck again! With all this nice weather the boys are playing outside again and it's great to be able to let them come in and out through that slider and also to communicate with them through it.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Very Nice! I might steal some of these ideas for my basement ;-)

Becca said...

It's AWESOME!!! Looks amazing! So nice to have handy people around!

Krystina said...

It is quite beautiful. Hopefully I'll be able to see it in person this summer. :)

Laura Lockhart said...

Nice storage space! I'm jealous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails