Background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Go Green Scrapbook Weekend

March 17-20, 2011


The March scrapbook weekend came so quickly after our Disney vacation. I didn't have a ton of time to prepare and unfortunately we had computer problems the week or so prior so I wasn't able to get to my pictures. We were worried it was the hard drive, but it turned out to just be the motherboard. What a relief. We do back everything up, but we had just come back from Disney and hadn't done a back-up yet. So I ended up finishing February in the family album and copied January and February in the boys albums. I was worried about running out of things to work on so for a back up I brought the Disney album from 2009 to start copying for the boys.


Our group keeps growing and changing. This year Ann Marie joined us again along with her sister, a Beacon virgin! Gretchen came again and brought Eleanor, another Beacon virgin.

Our gal pals from Massachusetts were there and introduced us to our newest friend, Kerry! Of course Katie, Deb and Katheryn were there, but unfortunately Amanda wasn't able to make it due to her new little one. The Mass girls stayed at a hotel one exit down, which was a bummer. However, they were able to drive by Dunkin Donuts each morning and get Amy a coffee and me a hot chocolate. One morning Amy even got TWO coffees because she didn't realize they were going to bring her one.

The theme was Go Green and keeping with tradition, Amy and I did nothing. Eleanor wore this great bobble headband and Amy told her "OK, you're going to have to take that off as soon as I start drinking." Gretchen stopped at a little store and bought Amy "Lover Boy" and me "Mr. Right." How thoughtful!
We wanted to make sure certain people were next to us so we joked on Facebook beforehand about making name tags. Once we had arrived I got a text from Gretchen that she was expecting a nice one waiting for her. Amy and I thought about it and I finally came up with "Gretchen's Fanny Sits Here." In order for it to be extra funny you need to know that Gretchen's maiden name is Fanny. Her and I went to Concord High School together.


Amy won a prize that she actually wanted. As her Creative Memories consultant I am appalled, mostly because if she likes it I could lose lots of sales. LOL. She got this crazy huge tape gun. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't work out for her.

3 comments:

Laura Lockhart said...

I'm jealous...I need to scrapbook more. You're so lucky you have soooo many memories recorded.

Becca said...

I am again sooooo jealous! I missed my scrapbook retreat this year! Sooo bummed! I really really really think I need to do more...I am joining a group that gets together once a month and we do kits for each other so all we have to do is lay down the pictures! Seriously I am so excited!

Krystina said...

Ooo I have to confess I have been coveting a Glue Glider myself, I'm jealous she has one! I am also jealous of your scrapbook weekends but I look forward to ours real soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails